User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

PC-XMJoo Have video by flag Teque (Tero Kostermaa) , flag Turtle (Samuli Sipola)
Requested By: flagMMX
In Compilations: Compilation AV 12: The Twelves Signs
Pouet Icon Icon Icon

Time Left: 3:58

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

General » IRCnet #scenemusic ?

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagdarwin
γνῶθι σεαυτόν ('gnōthi seauton'--'know thyself')

3 Posts
#1719 (2 years, 3 months ago)
Lately IRCnet #scenemusic fell into my hands, but I thought it was owned by people who run this site? I won't be joining any discord (degeneration from IRC, but you might try matrix instead) room but I'll give IRCnet #scenemusic back if you want.
flagnyingen

317 Posts
#1720 (2 years, 3 months ago)
I don't know about scenemusic on IRCnet, is it active at all? We used to have #nectarine on Espernet (I think? or was it a different server) but it was basically inactive as of 2 years ago.

We have a channel on matrix.org, but no one uses it. Seems strange to me that sceners of all people are happy to use a closed-source chat platform owned by a company that undoubtedly data-mines everything you type there, but whatever. #nectarine:matrix.org . I'm told that some Finnish hackers run their own Matrix instance so perhaps a channel could be opened there at some point.
flagdarwin
γνῶθι σεαυτόν ('gnōthi seauton'--'know thyself')

3 Posts
#1721 (2 years, 3 months ago)
Oh yeah, I used to be on EsperNet. Google results seem to say this site owned the IRCnet channel also, but maybe MOD Archive or Modplug Tracker people had started running it instead? There's just me and one other person left, but earlier this year there were 10 or 20+ people, so I don't want it to die...
flagnyingen

317 Posts
#1722 (2 years, 3 months ago)
Ok, I'll ask the other admins about that. Consensus seems to be that Discord (ugh) is the new chat space, probably because a lot of people already use it to communicate with other communities (see, that's how they get you! grumble grumble). Most Nectarine chat still takes place in the oneliner though, despite its general brokenness and lack of features.
Pages: 1

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.