User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

SID (6581/8580)Walking in the Air Have video by flag Flex (Antti Hannula)
Requested By: flagOldchap
Pouet Icon Icon Icon

Time Left: 4:23

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

Site Development » To resample or not to resample?

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagSome1NamedNate
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

79 Posts
#526 (4 years, 10 months ago)
There should be a feature where if you either upload a new song or edit its info, you can choose if you want interpolation/resampling enabled or disabled if you upload a module file. Because there are S3XMPTMODIT chiptunes with square/sawtooth/triangle waveform samples that, when played back, sound muffled at low frequencies/notes when interpolation/resampling is enabled, as is the case for Hammastahna .
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

376 Posts
#528 (4 years, 10 months ago)
I think I agree with this, but ideally I would prefer us to derive the playback rules from the platform. For example if a MOD is uploaded with Amiga platform we should use the Amiga settings... I don't know if this is actually reliable, because there have been many trackers and it's a cross-platform format. Also, it's possible that people will upload a file without indicating the origin.

At least we need to make it very clear that this is an optional field because it will just confuse some users who don't know what "interpolation" means, and maybe just want to upload a new-skool song where it doesn't matter.

(The muffling is true! I've heard the bad encodings and they sound significantly different.)
flagSome1NamedNate

79 Posts
#547 (4 years, 10 months ago)
There should be a drop-down list in the info editing and song uploading pages where one can specify the resampling type (none, linear, cubic, sinc, sinc w/ low-pass, amiga) when either upping a tracked song or editing its info.
flagzoner
zoner / xylem

33 Posts
#552 (4 years, 10 months ago)
I've looked into the Hammastahna problem, and it's not an interpolation problem, with libopenmpt's playback, it's that it's not using the "amiga paula chip emulation" option that libopenmpt offers. I don't think we currently have a mechanism for switching this on or off, but we probably should!
flagSome1NamedNate

79 Posts
#553 (4 years, 10 months ago)
You should contact flagmaep and ask to update libopenmpt to 0.4.x on his demosauce repo: https://gitlab.com/maep/demosauce
flagSome1NamedNate

79 Posts
#611 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Looks like I've come to the realization that the interpolation/resampling toggle needs reimplementing as libopenmpt is the live module decoder instead of BASSMOD.
flagSome1NamedNate

79 Posts
#624 (4 years, 9 months ago)
The stereo separation system needs to be (re)implemented as well.
Pages: 1

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.