PC-XMSandra's Sweet Sex Seminar by flag Proop
Requested By: flagbeavis77
Pouet Icon Icon Icon

Time Left: 2:14

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

General » ChrisP tuna

Forums » General » ChrisP tuna (12 posts)
Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagRapture
Rapture

51 Posts
#735 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Hi, I have a question: I found another ChrisP tuna (Perish the thought! LOL)! But this time I'ts not my composition. Rather we took a demoscene tune, and ChrisP sang over it, I mixed both together and added some reverb and whatnot, and song finished. The original song in question is:

https://scenestream.net/demovibes/song/31706/

I wanna upload it on Necta, but I'm not sure how or where. It's not my composition, so not under artist "Rapture". ChrisP "only" sang so not ChrisP artist. The Zapper didn't have anything to do with it, nor did he approve of this. It's a remix? it's a 100% rip? How to upload it on necta, under which artist? I can link it to the original, so it appears as remix on Necta.

Much like Walkin' in the Park -> Party Night

https://scenestream.net/demovibes/song/18035/
https://scenestream.net/demovibes/song/44058/

Thanks for help & support!
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

382 Posts
#736 (4 years, 9 months ago)
It's basically karaoke!

The first question is probably whether this counts as demoscene in the first place, since I don't think this version was published or released on the scene at all.
flagRapture
Rapture

51 Posts
#737 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Yes Karaoke! But why not demoscene?

1. It's a vocal version of a "demoscene tune" in the first place!
2. all or most other ChrisP tunas are on necta as well, so what should speak against the "Distance vocals version" upload?
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

382 Posts
#738 (4 years, 9 months ago)
1. Being a version of a scene tune doesn't make it a scene tune. In the same way, if I make a new version of a game tune, my version isn't automatically a game tune (because my version isn't in a game).
2. "They have other tunes on Necta" doesn't count either, because some demoscene artists later moved into the game industry. That doesn't mean that their game tunes are scene tunes (in fact we couldn't legally use them).
flagRapture
Rapture

51 Posts
#739 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Well I see it differently, as said. Any other opinions? Thanks for reply mirror & others!
flagnyingen

318 Posts
#750 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Rapture: if you engineered the tune, then I think you can take artist credit, at least for Necta archival purposes. If it's a demoscene tune, then I think it can be accepted here, as this is a demoscene radio. That's my opinion, but I think it's logical. Imagine that some scener, for example serpent, added lyrics to Physical Presence and found a singer for it. Since it was engineered by a scener, and is a demoscene tune, I think it would fit inclusion criteria. And the tune you are talking about here seems similar.

As for the authorship issue, here on Necta I think it's fine to have yourself listed as the artist, so long as there's a note that you didn't actually write the music, but you essentially made a remix/vocal version with a friend.
flagRapture
Rapture

51 Posts
#751 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Nyingen: so it would be uploaded as serp tuna as well? (your example) I'd have nothing against a ChrisP Artist creation... but ok under Rapture is ok too. I just don't want to take credit for the tune itself, because it's composed & arranged 100% by The Zapper. I mixed and produced the new track though, yep!
flagnyingen

318 Posts
#752 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Right (I was editing my post above when you posted this). I think for Necta purposes, having it by "by Rapture" is ok and makes the most sense, so long as it's noted that it's a vocal version of the corresponding Zapper tune.
flagnyingen

318 Posts
#753 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Also, on the subject of "is a remix of a scene tune a scene tune", I think generally "yes". Mirrorbird's analogy about game tunes doesn't seem quite right to me, as a game tune is released only as part of a larger game product. We could argue that a scene tune has to be part of a scene prod to be considered "scene", but if we did, we would have to delete half of the Necta database, as very large numbers of tunes on here are by sceners but are not part of scene prods.

If I were to make my own hyperbase remix, or scene medley, or whatever, I think it could be included here, as this is a demoscene radio. However, if I just make my own Protracker MODs with no scene connection at all, they would certainly not be eligible as we aren't a general repository for tracked music.
flagRapture
Rapture

51 Posts
#754 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Yes I think so too. Thanks nyingen for your info!
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

382 Posts
#757 (4 years, 9 months ago)
All right, I've just approved it.
flagRapture
Rapture

51 Posts
#758 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Thanks mirrorbird!
Pages: 1

Post a Reply