User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

PC-ITLight & Shade by flag Cadaver (Lasse Öörni) , flag Malekith (Lionel Gendre)
Requested By: djrandom
In Compilations: Compilation Children of the Rising Sun

Time Left: 5:24

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

General » 4th Annual Demoscene Card Exchange

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#2152 (6 months, 3 weeks ago)
I feel like at this point I need one of those fancy paper-craft "4" images like that one site does on anniversaries...

Welcome (or welcome back) to the fourth annual Demoscene Card Exchange!

Join us (again) for an end of year event about sending and receiving cards or postcards with other people in the Demoscene. All you have to is sign up, wait to get your recipients, then get creative! No purchases required (except maybe stamps). The deadline to join is November 3rd.

Read the rules and get more details at https://demoscene.exchanges.cards/rules

--

Here we go again! Some people have sent really neat things they made themselves, so please feel free to get creative, but even if you've super busy sending a regular card or postcard from a store is perfectly fine.

If you decide to post photos of what you receive, don't forget to cover any personal information like addresses before posting. If you post to places with hashtags, maybe use something like #demoscenecardexchange to make them easier to find, if you remember.

Like before, there's still an an opt-in feature that automatically appears on January 9th PST to allow people to check who was assigned to them to work out late or missing cards.

If you miss the deadline there is the "last chance" exchange, but please please please make sure you get in before the deadline as you'll have more options.

Thanks again for participating!

-

I've thought about having an email-only sign-up in the off season where people can be notified when the exchange goes live, or an opt-in to keep your email for next year, but I don't know if people would use/want that.

I would still delete all non-email data between exchanges like I do now, so you'd still have to fill in your address, etc.

Thoughts?

--

Stats page for those who care.
flagMindiell
Mindiell

36 Posts
#2153 (6 months, 3 weeks ago)
This Exchange is for VIP (Very Interested Peole) only I think. Deleting datas is a very good point, and thou shall not change this.

If anyone is interested, she'll verify this forum each day !

Thx for all of this !
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#2154 (6 months, 3 weeks ago)
Oh there's no way I'd ever hold onto all of people's data on purpose. I don't need it, and there's no benefit to it. I think I have quite a lot of trust right now by not keeping the data.

The question I'm asking is:

Would it be beneficial to be able to keep an email address, and probably a handle,* from one year to the next to notify people when the exchange opens so they don't** have to check The Usual Places to see if it's back.

* So the email can greet you by name.
** well, spam filters exist so...

It'd probably work like this:
1. Register email with the site when the exchange is closed
2. Get notified when the exchange opens
3. The exchange deletes the email registration so it doesn't keep more data than it needs (one-shot email)
4. If the user signs up to the exchange, they can opt to be notified the next year when it opens

I'm not sure the benefit outweighs the downside of having to write code to make it happen, etc.
flagMindiell
Mindiell

36 Posts
#2198 (5 months, 4 weeks ago)
Thx for all this work Starchaser !
Got 14 cards to build now !

Happy Card Exchange !
flagMindiell
Mindiell

36 Posts
#2228 (5 months, 1 week ago)
OMG OMG !
Thx to you @starchaser for this first card of the year !

I DO LOVE those stickers
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#2229 (5 months, 1 week ago)
Glad you like it and everything arrived fine.
flagprowler
9 millenia,

12 Posts
#2245 (4 months, 2 weeks ago)
All sent (last week), and many recieved already. Thank U everyone so far
flaglooper
Casual Guy

25 Posts
#2246 (4 months, 2 weeks ago)
Unfortunately couldn't participate this year.
Hope everybody else in the event will get wonderful cards!
flagMindiell
Mindiell

36 Posts
#2272 (3 months, 4 weeks ago)
Checked "sent" for everyone ! (it has been sent earlier, but I just checked now !

Magnificent cards received ! Did not have enough time this year to produce something fun engouh BTW :/
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#2288 (3 months, 2 weeks ago)
I got yours Mindiell! Funny on the Nectarine stamp, I had done something similar quite a while ago but didn't end up using them fast enough...

That was definitely a treat to receive.

You can see mine here:
flagMindiell
Mindiell

36 Posts
#2299 (3 months ago)
I just received another card. It's so great to get news from my favorites artists
Pages: 1

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.