User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

AMIGA-MODShahzoog Have video by flag Boo (Ulf Dahl)
Requested By: flagMystra
Pouet Icon Icon Icon

Time Left: 3:13

- Streams

Nectarine Merch Available

Orders will go out within 5-7 days after placing them. Got order notes? Send Starchaser a PM.

Important Links

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

Site Development » source code repo

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagMindiell

2 Posts
#1869 (4 days ago)
Hey there, Can someone point out the repo where the actual demovibes website source code is ?

I would like to help on dev.
Thx,
flagnyingen

258 Posts
#1870 (3 days, 13 hours ago)
Hi Mindiell, thanks for the kind offer, but the website source code is not really being published at this time. If you're interested in how DV works generally, you can look at the repo on github. We're mostly using this code, with some modifications over the last few years (bug fixes, a few small added features).

Necta is basically in maintenance mode now. We're not looking to make any major changes, because the code runs on very old library versions that are difficult to upgrade or replace. Existing bugs like the infamous "Currently Playing" bug have been pretty deeply investigated and traced to problems with old library versions, not the Necta code itself. The same goes for the problematic "search" function. At this point, it makes much more sense to spend our limited time and energy to rewrite the site with modern technology, rather than grope in the bowels of ancient versions of event-handling libraries.

STS-136 at one point had a rewrite going that would be using modern versions of Django etc, and I believe it was up on github too, so perhaps you could contact him if you were interested in assisting with that work. I have a different rewrite going that is not quite ready to receive contributions from others, and unfortunately has stalled a bit as I got much busier at my job. I hope to get it going again once I have a bit of time off, though, and will put it up on github once it is doing anything useful.
Pages: 1

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.