User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

PSG AY-3-891x/YM2149 (CPC, ST, ZX)UMD 8730 - Intro Have video by flag Tao (Frank Seemann)
Requested By: flagViThor
Pouet Icon Icon Icon Icon

Time Left: 20:30

- Streams

Nectarine Merch Available

Orders will go out within 5-7 days after placing them. Got order notes? Send Starchaser a PM.

The Masters of Pixel Art - volume 3

This book features pictures from the next generation of artists, working and developing the concept of pixel arts. With this book we explore and present the best of the best pixel art today.

Sidebar

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

Off-topic » Bilou : School Rush

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagPypeBros
DS homebrewer

4 Posts
#242 (7 months, 1 week ago)
I can't help. I need to spread the word.

For 5 years, I've been polishing pixels and lines of code to turn a teenagers dream into reality. Ok, we had the Amiga in mind as the target platform back in 1993, and it gets eventually got released as a NDS homebrew, but here it is nonetheless:

You can find more info about it on my blog.

May the source be with you all.
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

123 Posts
#248 (7 months, 1 week ago)
It looks very cute! The visual style reminds me of the Addams Family game on the 16-bit consoles.

Also reminds me of a game idea from my own (pre?)-teenage years, about a little ball that had to travel through the various regions of a school, the classroom, kitchens, playing-field, etc. It was the little ball out of an ink cartridge. Clearly must have dreamed this up while messing around with pens in a boring lesson.
flagPypeBros
DS homebrewer

4 Posts
#249 (7 months, 1 week ago)
The Adams family was clearly a back-of-my-mind reference when I had to draw glass pipes for the ink. Glad you picked it as a comparison: it had quality pixel art.

I've been told by pixel artists from the game industry that they have to fight a lot against programmers willing to keep their initial "ball with eyes" hero design a lot. And yeah, we sure have lots of time to think about how to abuse school supplies to make all sort of tricks. But I'm glad you had similar plans: it makes it the implementation of a collective subconscious thing ^_^
Pages: 1

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.