User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

PC-XMLast Ninja 1 (remake) by flag Wire (Borgar Thorsteinsson)
Requested By: djrandom
Icon

Time Left: 3:19

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

General » report dupes?

Forums » General » report dupes? (6 posts)
Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagLomaxx

9 Posts
#5 (5 years, 7 months ago)
I noticed there is a dupe among my songs. I personally don't care much about it, but wondered if admins prefer to have them reported and deleted.
On the other hand I noticed that the request date of the dupe is really old. Seems like it's permalocked(?). Maybe these dupes are left in intentionally as blocking placeholder?
flagPhlubby_Gnome

29 Posts
#26 (5 years, 7 months ago)
Yes, reporting is fine! There now is also a dedicated thread at forum Correct DB Info .

Which song are you referring to?
flagLomaxx

9 Posts
#30 (5 years, 7 months ago)
https://scenestream.net/demovibes/song/25460/
flagPhlubby_Gnome

29 Posts
#45 (5 years, 7 months ago)
Indeed, they are left in intentionally and marked as such ("Song Status: Dupe").
flagLomaxx

9 Posts
#49 (5 years, 7 months ago)
Something I wondered about, if the dupes are being left in the DB:

Would it make sense to merge votes from the dupe over to the dupe's original song? If a user already voted on both, only the vote with the newer timestamp is taken.

Merge comments too? Not sure if problems might arise out of this for example if someone commented "Hey, this is a dupe!".

Lock voting and commenting on dupes. Ok, it's unlikely (though still possible) that a dupe will be voted or commented since it cant be requested.

Just thoughts. Forget about it if it's too much hassle.
flagzoner
zoner / xylem

33 Posts
#410 (5 years, 2 months ago)
Having dupes still hanging out as independent songs really does seem strange. In the case of the exact same song (with the same name or some approximation), I don't see any inconvenience in shifting all the dupe's stats over to the original and making the dupe go away indefinitely. In the case of a song dupe because for some reason it's the same song but the author released it twice with different names, perhaps something more creative has to happen in case some people know and love a song by its duplicitous name, and to avoid repeating duplication...
Pages: 1

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.