User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

PC (other)Jooli by flag Dr. Awesome (Bjørn Lynne)
Requested By: flagplaton42

Time Left: 7:39

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

Site Development » Song status change log

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagfranz_opa
Steadily at the low level

74 Posts
#1067 (4 years, 2 months ago)
Could we have a song status change log which would show who has changed song status fields so that moderators could not make arbitrary song bannings and get away with it without needing to face any objections or criticism?
flagnyingen

323 Posts
#1068 (4 years, 2 months ago)
There are some things I'm not quite understanding about your message:

"bannings" -- we don't do those anymore; we set tunes that we and/or users don't think should be on the stream for unusual reasons (extreme obscenity, extreme cacophany, etc, see FAQ), but are scene-relevant, to "Inactive". This is somewhat rare and in most cases there were already significant user complaints. Usually a comment is left on the song page about this. Such tunes could be reactivated if enough users want them on the stream. Indisputably non-scene tunes may be set to "Rejected", and usually a comment is left but sometimes not. We don't really need to explain why a Chrono Trigger remix has been set to "rejected", do we? The FAQ explains the policy on game music. In earlier times (years ago) the FAQ declared that tunes could be "banned" at admin discretion and it was final. Necta is not like that anymore.

"arbitrary" -- the policy for what is considered scene-related or not is in the FAQ and is not based on administrators' personal tastes. We have no good way of going through the database and removing all the Chrono Trigger remixes at once, nor do we have AI that can go through the database and highlight all songs that mostly consist of commercial samples, so there are some still active and some not. I'm sorry if that seems "arbitrary" to you but we're working on it.

"get away with it" -- I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you think a tune was rejected/inactivated and should not have been, please post in the forum or on the song comment page. We're happy to hear your feedback. Also mistakes are sometimes made. We're only human. However, we try hard not to let personal bias colour our moderator decisions.

"without facing objections" -- We encourage everyone to post feedback on either the song pages or the forum. You can "object" (constructively) whenever you like, and we encourage you to do so if you think we've applied the rules incorrectly or have made a mistake. If, on the other hand, your problem is with policy itself, a forum post would be a better idea. Some topics are not really up for debate anymore, like the issue of including more game music remixes, but you could try.

I know I said this already, but if you have feedback or constructive criticism, or believe we have made a mistake, we're happy to hear from you. We have certainly made mistakes in the past and we try to rectify them. A mass update recently accidentally affected the wrong artist, for example (and we were politely asked by a user what was going on, and we found the mistake and fixed it).
flagarrakis
Amiga&C64 rulez

282 Posts
#1091 (4 years, 2 months ago)
What would be great is to know before clickin on song name if itsd locked or not
Pages: 1

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.