User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

Nitakaggen by flag Tito (Johan Lars Althoff)
Requested By: djrandom

Time Left: 9:29

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

General » 2nd Annual Demoscene Card Exchange

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#1691 (2 years, 5 months ago)
Welcome to the first Demoscene Card Exchange!

Join us for an end of year event about sending and receiving cards or postcards with other people in the Demoscene. All you have to is sign up, wait to get your recipients, then get creative! No purchases required (except stamps and envelopes). The deadline to join is November 6th.

Read the rules and get more details at https://demoscene.exchanges.cards/rules

--

This has been running well a Nectarine-only exchange for two years and a full demoscene exchange last year with no major issues, so here we go again! Some people have sent demoscrene postcards, water colors, papercraft, rendered covers, a whole bunch of stuff. So feel free to get creative, but even if you've got too much to do sending a regular (perhaps regional, cultural, or seasonal) card or postcard from the store is perfectly fine.

If you do decide to post photos of what you get (some people like to see those), feel free to do so. If you post to a platform with hashtags like Twitter it might be nice to use #demoscenecardexchange so we can find them all. Don't forget to cover any personal information such as addresses before posting.

Finally I do expect mail to be a bit slow again this year, hence moving the sign-up deadline a bit. Also I apologize for forgetting to leave myself a calendar notice and posting everything a week late. Also as a result of slow mail and various factors, I will be adding an opt-in feature later to allow people in early January to check who was assigned to them so they can work out who they should still be expecting.

Thanks again for participating!

--

Stats page for the nerds (so, like, all of us).
flagMyO
.еру .зкщпкфь .цшдд .ьфлу .нщг .рфззн

22 Posts
#1692 (2 years, 5 months ago)
#demoScenecardexchange, maybe? =)

Jokes aside, I’ve been waiting for this!
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#1693 (2 years, 5 months ago)
Ah well you know, I was kinda going for the whole -cene vibe, a la anthropocene. ... OK it's a typo.
flaglooper
Casual Guy

23 Posts
#1694 (2 years, 4 months ago)
Who requested 25 cards?...
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#1695 (2 years, 4 months ago)
Probably the same person as last year who requested 49... but I dunno. I don't keep names and addresses year to year.

They're unlikely to get that many because last year we got I think 45 people and the max anyone got was, I think, 15. This makes the matching work out better for everyone so people are hopefully satisfied.
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#1702 (2 years, 4 months ago)
Card exchange assignments are posted if you signed up for it. Emails should go out in about 6 hours. Make sure to check your spam folder if you don't see it after then, as someone told me last year it ended up in there for them.
flagarrakis
Amiga&C64 rulez

270 Posts
#1727 (2 years, 2 months ago)
Sorry STC, just saw this post
Was wondering if it would happen this year.
Pages: 1

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.