User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

PC (other)Lügen Have video by flag Scamp (Simon Kissel)
Requested By: djrandom
Pouet

Time Left: 2:58

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

General » Nectarine Stickers and Other Goodies

Pages: 1 2 3
Author Thread
flagdukzcry

2 Posts
#615 (4 years, 10 months ago)
@Starchaser

Thank you for starting this!

Would be also nice if an actual printing and shipping cost was kept as small as possible, but the end price include some donate like 5-10$ to support Nectarine
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#616 (4 years, 10 months ago)
The red fruit stickers are 4.5cm tall and 5.3cm wide, counting the leaves. That's probably the closest you'll get with what we have right now.
flagdukzcry

2 Posts
#617 (4 years, 10 months ago)
Nice! That should fit. I have voted for red sticker. Waiting for the start of campaign then
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#619 (4 years, 10 months ago)
Should be end of this next week if I like what I get from the second batch of sample clings. I'm not trying to string people along, I just want to make sure the stuff I put out I'm happy with.
flagOldchap

20 Posts
#621 (4 years, 10 months ago)
Hey, I just had the thought--what about fridge magnets of the same designs? That would be nice. Especially for folks who don't drive cars.
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#622 (4 years, 10 months ago)
@Oldchap
I actually did think about that, and I could order some from the same place I ordered the fruit and radio sticker samples. However as I may have alluded to before, I'm trying to keep the number of options simple for several reasons. I might offer it later, but for now I'd actually recommend you get some non-adhesive magnet sheeting*, then you can DIY any of your stickers with an exacto knife. Just be aware almost all only have one magnetic side. If you put your sticker on the wrong side, you're S.O.L.

* option 1, option 2, option 3. I don't endorse any of these, and there's certainly other options, I just did a quick search and filtered out all the ones with an adhesive backing (there's way more of those).

Though as a quick edit, if there's enough weight head room in your order and everyone isn't asking for this, I could conceivably make yours a magnet if you noted it in the order comments when that goes live. It would be impractical for me to open it to everyone.

I am hoping to have the ordering open and available at the end of next week, but as above it depends on the results of the latest cling samples.
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#673 (4 years, 10 months ago)
Apologies for not updating everyone in about a week and a half, but I finally have some news. I'm close to being able to show you the Necta stickers as re-vectored by Sebonpsp and launching the store. In the mean time, I have the results of the latest cling sample to show you.

I'll just get this out of the way so you can skip the rest if you don't care. This is what the final clings will look like on a factory slight-tint rear car window. For comparison, to the right is the original cling. It does still look a little yellow at some angles, but it's much improved and I could probably keep fiddling, wasting time and cash, but still not do a lot better than this. They're 6" wide, and almost 4.5" tall. That's 15.05cm x 11.2 cm for those using a proper system of measurement. It's the largest I felt like going that still fit into the envelopes I'm hoping to send this all in.

Unfortunately, and this is why I'm quitting while I'm ahead, it looks a quite a bit more brown when not attached to a window, and presumably when put on an untinted window. That said, it looks similar to the dark orange color used for the "NectaLift" theme's links, so it's not completely out of character. This is also why I don't care to tweak it more, though it would just turn more red, not brown in such case. Which leads us to...

The over correction. I sent in two color changes at the same time so that I could at least get an upper bound on the changes and maybe prevent myself from needing to do a 4th iteration. This one turned out too reddish orange.

That's all I have for now, but I am quite sure I will finally be launching the store to buy these and the stickers before the end of this month. (Which I know doesn't leave me a lot of time.)
flagth4t1guy

12 Posts
#674 (4 years, 10 months ago)
It may help to pick up a paint color swatch from your local hardware store and see what colors look good behind the tint.
Depending on the brand, you could cross-reference it with an RGB code so you don't have to keep printing samples.
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#675 (4 years, 10 months ago)
Well I thought of doing something similar to that, but even if the RGB/hex I found translated well into CMYK, there's a difference here with how the CYMK process ends up on the clear plastic. It's not always as nicely blended as on stickers. So even if I did find the perfect swatch that looked good, it might still come out off on the real thing. I'm fine with what I've arrived at so I'll stick with that for now. If people have issues with it and I run out of the full print run, I'll look into trying for a different color.
Pages: 1 2 3

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.