User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

AMIGA-MODEnigma (cover) by flag Shinobi (Marcus Andre Rousseau)
Requested By: flagzoi

Time Left: 2:53

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

Site Development » About re-enabling Notifications for Forum and Song-comments

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagShinobi
heimorgelspieler

16 Posts
#709 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Hello Necta-Admins,

dunno if it`s easy to do, but it would be neat to (re)enable the notifications for

1) Forum posts and
2) Song comments again.

I am probably not the only one missing this feature, it increases the overall site experience quite a bit:
You can read forum posts that are new and respond directly to them. You can confirmasse or disagree with whatever someone wrote on a songpage.
This initiates interactive communications on Nectarine, and makes using it more interesting

Cheers,
Shinobi
flagfranz_opa
Steadily at the low level

74 Posts
#710 (4 years, 9 months ago)
One option is that on the queue page (maybe on the other pages as well) there would be a constant small text saying "Latest forum post, posted at <time> by <user>: <first words of the message>". And similar latest song comment field.
flagnyingen

320 Posts
#712 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Yeah, I like franz_opa's idea. I will look into doing this this weekend and report back.
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

383 Posts
#713 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Nooooo, then I'll be scared of writing passive-aggressive replies on song comments years later
...joking, it is a sensible feature to have.

Shinobi also pointed out today that the "quote" feature doesn't work. (There's a 'link' under every post that says Quote, but it is just plain text, and you can't actually click it. I don't know if this worked in the past.)
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

383 Posts
#723 (4 years, 9 months ago)
By the way, please don't use "posted at <time>".
It is more meaningful for most users if you use the calculation (just like these forum posts!) and you say "3 days ago" or "yesterday" etc.
If it's long ago, fine, then write the full date. But for recent stuff, human brains will probably prefer the relative terms.
flagnyingen

320 Posts
#725 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Trying out this feature now. Smilies are deliberately not rendered in the comment list (on the queue page) to avoid blowing up the table with too many dancing nectarines and/or facepalms. Before you object to the huge image that's currently in there, that's because I forgot we had the img tag in bbcode. So perhaps bbcode should be disabled as well?

It currently does not ajaxify like the queue list, but I'm looking into doing that, maybe. The point is to get a sense of recent comments, rather than present some sort of alternative interface to them. To see the comments in all their glory, and reply, you'll still want to click through to the song page.
flagserpent

55 Posts
#727 (4 years, 9 months ago)
IMHO "Recent Updates" would be a nice place for this, right now it's taking too much space from main page, even if and when images are removed.
flagnyingen

320 Posts
#731 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Hm, yes, possibly. Personally, I like it on the queue page because it sits at the bottom and it's not necessary to scroll unless you want to see them (it doesn't block any important info). I'm interested to see whether there's more interaction in the comments (replies and such) thanks to having them more visible.
flagserpent

55 Posts
#733 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Seems ppl reply quite a lot now
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

383 Posts
#776 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Good feature, please keep!
Pages: 1

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.