User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

AMIGA-MODDeep Trance Sinking by flag GDM (Alexander Soloviev)
Requested By: flagAlcAsh
Icon

Time Left: 7:40

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

Site Development » 'Listen' link enabled

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagnyingen

323 Posts
#2081 (10 months, 3 weeks ago)
Hi all,

There is now a 'Listen' link available on song pages (near the top) which will allow you to listen to a tune for yourself. Now, you can check out inactive tunes, tunes which were recently commented on but still locked, etc.

You will not see the link, in these circumstances:

• There is a limit to how many tunes you can listen to per day, currently 10, as a rate-limiting measure. If it is exceeded, the link won't appear. If you need more tunes than that, let's talk.
  • It obviously cannot work if we don't have the song file in the first place. So tunes which are missing (legacy flag 'M') will not show the link. Most such tunes have 'Kaput' status, but they can have other statuses like Inactive or Dupe. I'm sorry if this is confusing, but check the Legacy Flag field.
  • The tune is under a commercial licence.
  • The tune was Removed By Request.

This code already existed in the Demovibes code base, but it was in a disabled state. I fully expect there are bugs and unforeseen issues, so please report here if you have any problems.

PS. The window that opens when you click the Listen says "this link is only good for 60 seconds." I think this is legacy code, and the player probably works for more than 60 seconds (probably indefinitely, lol). But I didn't bother disabling that message for now, for a variety of reasons.
flagAccidental
Unplayed Requesterâ„¢

81 Posts
#2082 (10 months, 3 weeks ago)
This is fantastic! There are many inactive tunes which I can't find anywhere else on the WWW anymore. This gives me a chance to listen to them.
Pages: 1

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.