User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

PC (other)A Hint of Blue (feat Gibs) by flag Gibs (Michael Gibs) , flag Mordi (Martin Wold Lande)
Requested By: flagpipe

Time Left: 6:26

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

Off-topic » modarchive

Forums » Off-topic » modarchive (9 posts)
Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagfranz_opa
Steadily at the low level

74 Posts
#2221 (5 months, 2 weeks ago)
The future of modarchive seems to be at stake since saga is gone and m0d is fatally ill.

https://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_news

Hopefully someone gets the site under their control and carries it on.
flagLittleWhite
Missing my reqs since 2008

21 Posts
#2240 (4 months, 3 weeks ago)
Oh... hope everything gets better... and really sad to learn about m0d health
flaglooper
Casual Guy

25 Posts
#2247 (4 months, 2 weeks ago)
Since it's hosted on SceneSat, whether or not the plug will be pulled I think is going to be decided by Ziphoid.

To add context to it, there was a spam attack on Modarchive, where someone or maybe even a group (It is unknown) under the handle of "Omegatronic" spam-rated songs 10/10 and left comments filled with gibberish and also claiming ownership of random songs (This also occured to some of my songs too). There were several accounts like that and one of those had: "This website was using my music without permission for too long... a warm hello from omegatronic" on their profile page. Yeah, a bunch of bullshit.

Trying to search "Omegatronic" on Google only resulted in finding out that "Omegatronic" is a network of bots that are infestating a game called Team Fortress 2 with cheating and mass kicking players from the lobbies. I am not sure if there is any link between those two.

What I don't understand, is how Saga Musix haven't made any statements (At least from what I've seen) about the situation yet. I can say that he is active in the scene: He did attend TRSAC 2023 in person at least (The attack was in progress that time).

I also wish for it to carry on, this site is like a little part of me and my history.
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

383 Posts
#2249 (4 months, 2 weeks ago)
Just saw this because there was the "new" post. Sad and bad news. And clicking around on the modern spammy Internet it's not convenient to write a message to thank somebody for their years of work. I know I have at least one of m0d's tunas in my faves (I remember the one, can hum it!).

When I was staff/janitor, not long ago, I remember m0d came here and wanted his name changed, real name, from "Greg" to "Red". And that linked there article is signed "Greg". So if he has reverted from Red to Greg then we could respect that here too, no problem.
flagViraxor

4 Posts
#2250 (4 months, 2 weeks ago)
Saga is really a douchebag, powertripping on the website all the time and revoking upload rights to total randos that are doing what the website is for (archiving modules), but when he's needed he's gone without trace. Amazing.

Edit: Not that he did only bad stuff, I am thankful because he fixed a ton of bugs and problems that the Archive had, he is a great programmer and coder, but he's just not the person that knows how to be a leader of a community... He has amassed a lot of hate over the years, especially since the incident with Blackwhitey and Omegatronic, when people figured out that he was inactive for a whole year. I think that the Omegatronic attack was around the inactive "anniversary", exactly a year after he visited the website last time. Surprising...
flaglooper
Casual Guy

25 Posts
#2251 (4 months, 1 week ago)
Quote: ""Red". And that linked there article is signed "Greg". So if he has reverted from Red to Greg then we could respect that here too, no problem."

Ah yeah, forgot to mention, that he indeed reverted to Greg. He's mentioned that in his own Facebook profile, so we should get changes in the database here as well.

Quote: "He has amassed a lot of hate over the years"

I honestly don't remember anything of sorts. Saga seemed like a very cool guy to me (Based on not so many conversations with him). Could you elaborate?
flagViraxor

4 Posts
#2254 (4 months, 1 week ago)
Saga did some... interesting decisions in the past, considering upload rights removal and warning people for uploading "too many modules", rejecting some artist modules because he thought they were "effortless" as well as forcefully seizing all the rights from m0d, as Greg put it himself before, only to leave the website in November 2022 without a single notice. I know some people that don't like him and one of them has even went so far that they have found his address. This inactivity without any notice has only been worsening his position. He is intentionally ignoring TMA for some reason, probably the hate? I cannot think of any other reason.
He did say he was kinda busy at around the end of his activity on the site, but it doesn't take a lot of time to just log in, maybe rate a few modules so that people see you're still active.
flagViraxor

4 Posts
#2255 (4 months, 1 week ago)
Note that I do not agree with the hate, I've had a few problems with Saga (mentioned above) but most of the problems were kind of minor and I think m0d worded it best again:
Saga Musix is an unsung hero who had huge responsibility suddenly and unceremoniously dumped on him. Please be kind to Saga after all the years he has covered for me during my hiatus. There are many things which could have gone better but he does not deserve the trolling or criticisms.
flagZeroxygen
Zeroxygen Studios

7 Posts
#2268 (3 months, 4 weeks ago)
After m0d dealt with blackwhitey and Omegatronic and put TMA on temporary maintenance, Saga Musix told me (if I remember correctly) that he was tired and no longer has the energy to administrate TMA. He also said that he will need someone to replace him.
Pages: 1

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.