User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

PC-XMOptisk Nerve by flag Xerxes (Klaus Lunde)
Requested By: djrandom

Time Left: 5:14

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

General » Nectarine Holiday Card Exchange

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Thread
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#250 (5 years, 3 months ago)
Card from HappyDude, and even included a patch, which you can see at the top of the photo. (I left it mostly out of the frame to withhold location-revealing text.) Thanks HappyDude!
flagRapture
Rapture

50 Posts
#251 (5 years, 3 months ago)
Nice. I still didn't get any new card (except the cool one I got from Mirrorbird)
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#259 (5 years, 3 months ago)
A couple days later than I received it, but I got a nice card from STS-136:
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

376 Posts
#262 (5 years, 3 months ago)
Okay, here are five more that I got! (Three in one day!)
Scans can be viewed at the same address: https://cl4.org/_necta/xmas2018/
* STS-136's card (same design posted by Starchaser above) is very demo-like! Especially that split-colour font. Where is that from? It looks terribly familiar.
* Ultrasyd wishes a softer, gentler Christmas (doux et tendre?) with a cutie gingerbread man and a Necta polaroid. You thought polaroids were only for sexy stuff!
* HappyDude sent zer0-day Lemmings warez (also same design as posted by Star above). There is some glittery spangle stuff embedded in it, which the scanner turned into muddy raindrops I think the "fire service" badge needs further explanation.
* th4t1guy sent the politicorrect cop-out "happy holidays" (with glitter though) and asked "has Xmas gone too far?". I dunno, but I do know that I like kittens in space helmets. The moon-themed stamp (NOT PICTURED) also surprised me by being actually circular.
* Someone must have told Nosferatu that I like cutey cuddly stuff because he sent this little sugarslut and her pet birdie. Once again the glitter didn't really scan. He also enclosed a... (boat? witch's hat? haha sorry I have no idea) demonstrating the ancient Norwegian art of origami. Oh and he sealed the envelope with sticky-tape like I do! Hooray! Non-envelope-licker solidarity!
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

376 Posts
#263 (5 years, 3 months ago)
NON-FAKE NEWS!! Turns out HappyDude is actually a firefighter, that's where he got all those fire badges.
flagRapture
Rapture

50 Posts
#264 (5 years, 3 months ago)
Nice card scans Mirror! I got Nyingen's card today, which is a very nice bird xmas cardo! And very nice text in it! Maybe a bit too private to post it here.

Plus, I have no possibility to upload the pictures comfortable so it's NON-TEMP. (I have of course possibilities like Dropbox or own FTP space but those places are for temporary storage, or rather I use them like that).

Maybe I have to ask mirror again to upload my scans of Ultrasyd's card but it's quite similar to Mirror's Ultrasyd card
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#265 (5 years, 3 months ago)
I just post the fronts of the cards which avoids the whole "messages inside" issue.
flagRapture
Rapture

50 Posts
#266 (5 years, 3 months ago)
Yeah, good idea, Star. At least for the private/personal message stuff ones, or in general, depending on ones taste.
flagSTS-136
It's-a me!

48 Posts
#267 (5 years, 3 months ago)
Glad my cards are making it to people before Christmas

I've received additional ones from HappyDude, Ultrasyd, th4t1guy, Rumpel, Mystra, Nyingen... that may be all? No scans but I can get some later.
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#268 (5 years, 3 months ago)
Scans are optional, but if you got something unique you have't yet seen posted already (or you just want to) feel free.

I got a postcard from Mystra with a nice note on the back:
flagRapture
Rapture

50 Posts
#269 (5 years, 3 months ago)
Not very xmassy looking from the front cover side!
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#270 (5 years, 3 months ago)
Does it have to be?
flagRapture
Rapture

50 Posts
#271 (5 years, 3 months ago)
I guess so, yes, with an "xmas" chard exchange Then again, dunno, to each their own.
flagRapture
Rapture

50 Posts
#272 (5 years, 3 months ago)
Yay, just got STS's card! Laughing my ass off to it !!! (inside text)
Again no scan cos I have no image upload possibility (or rather knowledge/experience), so any image service upload tip (that doesn't read my cards, whatta!) is welcome
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#273 (5 years, 3 months ago)
I take my photos with my phone and just post those. I do have a scanner, but some of those I've received have glitter, etc. (The camera is just easier and faster.) You can then always upload them to imgur* if you need free image hosting your own domain can't provide.

* Note if you do this, you'll need to create an account if you want to keep your images unlisted (useful for direct linking). Just avoid using the "Create Post" button on the homepage or the "Share to Gallery" button when viewing the image. It's tempting, and looks like the obvious thing to do, but you can already grab a link to the image as is. Those just publish it to the general global gallery visible to the world.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.