User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

AMIGA-MODBroken Saxophone by flag Reflect (Yngve Dalland)
Requested By: djrandom
Pouet Icon

Time Left: 5:05

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

Site Development » Opportunity to Edit Posts

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagJosephineLithius
I like scene music. How 'bout you?

20 Posts
#578 (4 years, 11 months ago)
So, this is a simple request that I think would be fair and (hopefully) easy to implement… I think it'd be nice to have a short window of time – say, 5 minutes – to edit your posts on song pages and other places where it's not currently possible. This would be great for scatterbrained people (like me) who tend to make silly typos without realizing it, only to see said typos once they see their post. I think having a limited time to do so also puts less potential strain on the server while still encouraging people to proofread, if they are so inclined.

(And, yes, I got the idea from other sites, ha hah.)
flagSome1NamedNate
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

79 Posts
#579 (4 years, 11 months ago)
There is an "Edit Information" button for each page if that's what you're asking.
flagJosephineLithius
I like scene music. How 'bout you?

20 Posts
#583 (4 years, 11 months ago)
I think I might have worded this poorly.

What I mean is, when you leave a comment on a song page, I think it'd be nice to be able to edit it, but only for a short period of time. Otherwise, someone could come back in a few years and completely change what they said, or something.

I'm still probably not wording my rationale correctly, but I hope this makes a little more sense.
flagSome1NamedNate
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

79 Posts
#584 (4 years, 11 months ago)
Oh, an edit button for song comments? I totally agree.
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

383 Posts
#589 (4 years, 11 months ago)
This is not a bad idea. I would like to allow editing where your comment is still the most recent one (i.e. no replies on same thread) and not much time has passed, maybe 10-15 minutes. Good for typos, or reporting a bug and then realising it wasn't a bug, just a brain fart.
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

383 Posts
#591 (4 years, 11 months ago)
It should indicate that the post was edited, just in case there's a race condition where somebody replied (and maybe quoted you!) while you were editing it.
There's also the question of possibly allowing people to delete posts entirely. Again I think that's fine if nobody has replied. The "delete all my stuff that I wrote over the past 10 years" may need a bit more thought.
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

383 Posts
#699 (4 years, 10 months ago)
I still agree with JoLi's original idea but let me throw out an additional point (from her original post): "...people (like me) who tend to make silly typos without realizing..." -- what this really suggests is that there should be the ability to UNDO. Or delete any new post that hasn't yet got any replies.

The single most powerful issue in UI/UX is undo-ability, and sometimes it's hard to code it. But I think we could manage it (there is no cost in deleting a message that has no replies to it). And we could please JoLi too. She needs a hug.
flagStinsen

13 Posts
#899 (4 years, 6 months ago)
I wholeheartedly agree with this feature request, but I don't want it to be time limited.
Now when we have imported posts from old databases etc, some doesn't make sense.
Editable "My Comments" and "My Votes" accessible from the user menu when logged in would be really great imho.
Pages: 1

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.