User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

PC-XMAlpine by flag Jess [fr] (Jean-Sébastien Gérard)
Requested By: flagfaraday
Icon

Time Left: 2:39

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

Site Development » MOAR smileys

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Author Thread
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

383 Posts
#167 (5 years, 6 months ago)
Thanks for rollin' my eye.
A few people have pointed out that there's no C64 platform icon. Actually we already have one (it's used for some compilations and stuff) so could we please include that with the Amiga and Atari icons? C= !
(I am a ZX slut but I don't care much about my logo because I can always write //// Anyone wants a ZX rainbow, tap my shoulder and I will do it.)
flagnyingen

323 Posts
#168 (5 years, 5 months ago)
Oh yeah, the C64 one was posted in this thread. Dunno how it slipped through the cracks. Will fix.

Since you've become our resident smiley pixel artist, do you think you could draw a version of the dancing nectarine that is not dancing but drooping sadly? Like, he wants to dance, but someone queued "Blood of Ganon" so he's sad and waiting for real music so he can nectawall once more.
flagSpiral
GEDDUP KEDDAUN LEIF ISSA DISKO!

14 Posts
#169 (5 years, 5 months ago)
nyingen, something like this: ?
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

383 Posts
#172 (5 years, 5 months ago)
I tried an animated one:
https://cl4.org/__nectano_animated.gif
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

383 Posts
#173 (5 years, 5 months ago)
Bonus smiley: I tried making a smoother facepalm with four animation frames instead of two:
https://cl4.org/__necta_facepalm_animated.gif
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

383 Posts
#174 (5 years, 5 months ago)
While I'm here can I propose a little change to the new Amiga smiley names? See if anyone agrees.

Basically the "a" for Amiga is not great: it could mean anything (Atari, Acorn?) and it's not required. We could change :aball: (aball) to (boing) -- since it's famously known as the Boing Ball. And :adisk: (adisk) to (disk) since I doubt we are going to have any other disks. And :azz: (azz) -- shake dat azz? -- could be (zzz) which is the conventional snore (who cares if it's only got two Z in the picture). This won't disturb the sleepy smiley because he is called (sleepy).
flagnyingen

323 Posts
#175 (5 years, 5 months ago)
Hm, I like both of the sad necta images, but mirrorbird's animated one is way cool, so let's go with that one for now. The facepalm one is good too!

As for the texts for the other smileys, that's a good idea and barring any objections in the next couple of hours I'll go ahead and do that!
flagShinobi
heimorgelspieler

16 Posts
#178 (5 years, 5 months ago)

flagnyingen

323 Posts
#180 (5 years, 5 months ago)
Shinobi, do you have a suggested text for that one?
flagSpiral

14 Posts
#184 (5 years, 5 months ago)
Shinobis emote could be :acc: for accordion?
flagnyingen

323 Posts
#185 (5 years, 5 months ago)
Ok, let's put the accordion in. How common is the piano accordion in Europe btw? I was under the impression that in most places the button accordion was preferred.

Spiral: I almost want to put your sad necta in as :whatta: because it almost looks like he's unpleasantly surprised. What do you think?
flagSpiral

14 Posts
#186 (5 years, 5 months ago)
Maby this one is better as Whatta?
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

383 Posts
#222 (5 years, 5 months ago)
Hideaway has asked for more girl smileys several times now. (We've only really got the kiss and the singer.) I thought about this, but it seems hard to justify when >99% of users are male, and the traditional "bald yellow sphere" smiley is unisex anyway.

Smiley PLUS SOMETHING (Xmas hat, rockin' headphones, girl's bow) exists because that extra thing is not the commonest situation and bears remarking upon. I also wonder about what proportion of women would use the specifically female smiley over the normal one. (Heh, we will have to ask Perennial.)

Of course if we get the oneliner to support full Unicode then we can start using those idiotic gender and skin colour modifiers
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

383 Posts
#256 (5 years, 4 months ago)
Hey can I edit the YM chip "platform" icon to say "AY/YM"? Half of those songs are Speccy AY tracks. The hardware difference is very tiny but it's annoying. Can we can we can we? pleeeeeease
flagfranz_opa
Steadily at the low level

74 Posts
#257 (5 years, 4 months ago)
The info text for Atari STe was lost in the Nectarine resurrection.
Atari STe

The current text refers just to YM2149 chip.

It should be replaced with the following text:

This platform is for music that uses Atari STe's (released in 1989) DMA chip that can produce PCM sound (8-bit, 6.25, 12.50, 25.00 or 50.00 kHz). It has two channels but they are usually split to four or more by the software (this naturally lowers the frequency). Some songs use only PCM sound but some may use both PCM sound and older YM2149 chip that is naturally also included in Atari STe's board.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.