User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

PSG AY-3-891x/YM2149 (CPC, ST, ZX)Magnetic Fields IV by flag Fuxoft (FrantiĊĦek Fuka)
Requested By: djrandom
Pouet Icon Icon Icon Icon

Time Left: 5:40

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

General » Report bugs here!

Forums » General » Report bugs here! (228 posts)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Author Thread
flagnyingen

318 Posts
#1790 (2 years ago)
Should be fixed now! (Thanks to flagcommunicator)
flagskyldig

5 Posts
#1794 (1 year, 12 months ago)
Thank you, good sir! You made my day at the office so much better, or actually back to normal Cheers!
flagarrakis
Amiga&C64 rulez

281 Posts
#1800 (1 year, 11 months ago)
Regards ;

https://www.scenestream.net/demovibes/song/33931/

14 seconds of silence at the end
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

381 Posts
#1801 (1 year, 11 months ago)
Fixed Ohmisis by giving it a cutoff time. (It is a stream-rip.)
flagskyldig

5 Posts
#1814 (1 year, 11 months ago)
https://scenestream.io/necta128.ogg
gives you a 404 now. Worked fine a couple of hours ago.

404 - The file you requested could not be found
flagnyingen

318 Posts
#1815 (1 year, 11 months ago)
Hi, in the future, if there are issues with the stream itself, like it's not playing or giving transient errors like this, please report it on the Discord channel, the Matrix channel, or by emailing an administrator. Thanks.
flagskyldig

5 Posts
#1816 (1 year, 11 months ago)
OK, got it.
flagAtomicReindeer

45 Posts
#1821 (1 year, 10 months ago)
- search page (eg https://www.scenestream.net/search/?q=run ) shows HTML (<a class="replace-song-link" href="/demovibes/song/21213/upload/">*</a>) for the replaceable songs. It should work or be removed, instead of appearing as <blah blah>.

- maybe create a new kind of user that can perform (part of) the song fixing, without having to report, wait for someone to enable the link, then upload. At least have the link avaliable, even if later staff has to recheck the upload is OK. Or perform all the steps required to fix the ripped songs, that is up to you, but basically streamline the process a bit more than current method.

- some songs have Download link (pointing to exact file in archive sites or artist site, eg https://www.scenestream.net/demovibes/song/7880/ ), but that does not seem to be editable, as normal user at least.

Yeah, two are not bugs, but would help fixing the site in general.
flagnyingen

318 Posts
#1822 (1 year, 10 months ago)
Hi AtomicReindeer, I've re-enabled generalised song replacements by users, so now the "replacement star" appears next to all replaceable tunes. You can upload a new file and it will go live after staff review, as we tried initially.

I will check into those other two issues later.
flagnyingen

318 Posts
#1824 (1 year, 10 months ago)
Regarding the Download link, my feeling is that this field is actually somewhat obsolete. In old days it might have pointed towards a scener's personal website or part of a FTP archive, but nowadays, tracks tend to be downloadable from "social music" sites like SoundCloud, or archival sites like TMA. In the song you pointed out, if you click the DZ link, the download link is right there on DZ. Same with modules that are hosted on TMA.

True, it is an extra click, but pasting the download link from such sites into song pages here is probably a bad idea. If TMA changes their download link path or something (and they have done this in the past), the copied link here would no longer work.

So the DL link is basically only for special cases now, and for security reasons, it is only editable by staff.
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

381 Posts
#1827 (1 year, 10 months ago)
I think there is a race condition in saving tags. If you look at The Motheballed you can see that two people apparently added the same tag at the same time. So I would assume if A starts editing tags, B does an edit, and then A saves, then A's changes would erroneously overwrite B's.
flagAtomicReindeer

45 Posts
#1829 (1 year, 10 months ago)
nyingen: thanks.

Maybe the * should also be avaliable in song listings in artists' pages? To easily check which songs need replacement.
flagvelusip
All I ever wanted was some Sunshine.

89 Posts
#1831 (1 year, 10 months ago)
Not a bug, just useful info regarding file replacements: Using the [Edit Information] link can reduce the number of change requests on a record. The asterisk link reveals a partial form (file upload only) whereas the [Edit Information] link (under Song Corrections & Updates) reveals a complete form with both upload and record changes.
flagnyingen

318 Posts
#1833 (1 year, 10 months ago)
AtomicReindeer: Good idea about the * showing up in artists' pages. I've made that so.
flagAtomicReindeer

45 Posts
#1836 (1 year, 10 months ago)
velusip: very useful, because it seems multiple approvals drop all but the last change. Upload new file with small form, set platform with the other, and probably one change will go missing. So better do all from one place and get the update done all in one go. Less work too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.