User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

PC (other)Vic Formation by flag Malmen (Kristoffer Malmgren)
Requested By: flagRumpel
Icon

Time Left: 3:42

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

General » Report bugs here!

Forums » General » Report bugs here! (228 posts)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Author Thread
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

376 Posts
#1094 (4 years ago)
Re gobbledygook: it would seem that we need to identify which bits were generated by which original Necta BBcode, and transform it back, e.g. some of the IMG tags should be converted into flag markup. Probably best tackled with regular expressions.
flagnyingen

317 Posts
#1095 (4 years ago)
Yup, we had a parser that took HTML "phrases" and regenerated the original BBcode. Unfortunately something error happen with a few pages.

(Also, nope nope nopety nope to regexes for that, lol. An actual parser is the only way to go.)
flagHappyDude
Nostalgic BBS Sysop - v2.0

17 Posts
#1096 (4 years ago)
Requesting a tune from the big list O' tags doesn't change the green + icon to a lock icon in the tags listing screen.

Going into the songs info does show the lock, and clicking on the green + icon won't re-request the song, just doesn't change to a lock, and will continue to show the green icon even on subsequent tags listing loads.
flagnyingen

317 Posts
#1097 (4 years ago)
Hi, can you be a little more specific about how I can reproduce the bug?
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

376 Posts
#1104 (4 years ago)
I wonder if HappyDude's bug is the www versus non-www bug. (You log in either www or non-www and then logged-in pages of the other form don't quite work properly.)
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

376 Posts
#1176 (3 years, 10 months ago)
I'm guessing this bug has been reported by now, but it's quite nasty and I don't recall.

If someone submits multiple changes to a song (e.g. info/platform and then a missing file reupload -- which have to be done through different forms), accepting one of them seems to wipe out the other. For example, I accept the info/platform, and it updates the song's page, but then I accept the file and it wipes out the song page back to how it was before.

It's possible I've been doing it wrong like accepting a newer submission before an older one -- I don't know exactly what circumstances trigger the issue. But BEWARE!
flagnyingen

317 Posts
#1179 (3 years, 10 months ago)
Mirrorbird: yes, what happens is that the old record's non-changed fields are duplicated, forming a new record. So collisions are very nasty: when user #1 submits new info changing fields A and C, then before that is approved user #2 submits new info changing field C only, it's not possible to "merge" these as 2's submission contains the old value for field A. Order of approval can make a difference, but not in a good way.

A workaround might be for moderators to note when this is happening and manually restore any lost fields (field "A" in this example). Fixing the bug might not be too difficult though; stay tuned.
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

376 Posts
#1238 (3 years, 10 months ago)
A possible bug around profile stuff: apparently the last login date shown on the profile is sometimes not updated (??). Shinobi and yoruq have told me that Kangaroo Musique was around a few days ago, but his profile says January.
flagJosephineLithius
I like scene music. How 'bout you?

20 Posts
#1257 (3 years, 9 months ago)
Lifted from this post:
----------

JosephineLithius said: "Found something other than a lack of "explicit" tags.

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
"Song Bitrate: 4294967 kbps"
Uuuhm…"

----------

mirrorbird said: "It is an OGG file, sample rate of 88200 Hz with 32 bits per sample, so should be 2822.4 kbps (? I think). But looks like Necta has taken 2^32-1 (possibly an error flag?) = 4294967295 and then divided by 1000 for the kilobits. Since these values are computed for us and not typed in by humans, this might suggest a bug rather than a "correct db info" issue."

----------

Just thought I'd scoot this over here, where it belongs. Heh,
flagvelusip
All I ever wanted was some Sunshine.

89 Posts
#1258 (3 years, 9 months ago)
I'm guessing a problem with libsamplerate-dev, but 32-bit samples is the real bug.
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

376 Posts
#1259 (3 years, 9 months ago)
Some people complain that five stars are not enough, and they would like to vote 10 or 12 stars. But TAS took things into his own hands and voted ten stars on one song: https://www.scenestream.net/demovibes/song/31989/votes/?&p=2

Was this a bad import from old Necta, or have we got a race condition bug?
flagAtomicReindeer

45 Posts
#1267 (3 years, 9 months ago)
Stream went silent again... yeah, the classic "stuck in random song without sound".

Watchdog system (or siren, if no auto reset desired) could be based around something like:
ffmpeg -i http://scenestream.net:8000/nectarine -af silencedetect=noise=-70dB:d=5 -f null -
(-70dB change for at least 5 secs, or whatever values seem good) and watch for lines:
[silencedetect @ 0xBIGHEX] silence_start: S
If no:
[silencedetect @ 0xBIGHEX] silence_end: E | silence_duration: D
appears before S+X, reset or ring alarm. If one appears, go back looking for start line.
That way problems could be workarounded/reported in some minutes.

Edit1: Code tags do nothing?
Edit2: It seems (default IIRC) theme uses same look. But text has tags. *shrug*
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

376 Posts
#1268 (3 years, 9 months ago)
When you insert a smiley (by clicking it in the pop-up "smiley panel"), it is always appended to your oneliner text (at the end). It would be better to insert it at the caret position, which might be mid-sentence.
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

376 Posts
#1269 (3 years, 9 months ago)
Unrelated: a runaway smiley bug noticed by Mindiell. When you have the smileys box open, sometimes the smileys jump around (like the "word wrap" is changing) as you move your mouse over them. To reproduce this, resize your browser window horizontally to the point where the smileys box *almost* has a vertical scroll bar, but not quite. Then, as you move over smileys, the scroll bar keeps appearing and disappearing, which reduces the width and causes the smileys to rearrange repeatedly.
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

376 Posts
#1299 (3 years, 9 months ago)
I have noticed that the Explicit thing says "explicit content" if you hover over the icon on Necta, but in the admin back-end it says "explicit lyrics". Since I gather we use this for more than just lyrics (e.g. sexual moaning sounds?) maybe it should say "explicit content" in both places; anyway it should be made consistent.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.